Sunday, June 18, 2006

9th June 2006 - Memorable day of my life

I guess from today onwards, 9th June will be one of the days that I will remember the most as on this day, I lost my laptop. Sigh...though I never blame anyone on the event that happened, but deep inside I really feel the pain.

Today, I called some of my friends that left this project for a lunch. Having some excitement, I went called up almost everyone to lunch together.

Suddenly, out of nowhere my mum called me telling me that my sister lost my laptop. Oh gosh, and in no time I burst in tears. Not wanting to know who watching me and who is beside me, I just lay down and cried as much as I want. I can really feel the pain in my heart. It felt like someone just stab with me a knife into my heart.

I tried to control myself and called back my mum wondering if my sister alright or not as I always heard some terrible and scary news about robbery. Once my mum confirmed she is alright, I just hang up and lay down my head again.

Soon, all my colleagues aware of what happened, come over and asked me to go back home to see if anything I can help with. Thinking of my own wound and unfinished tasks at work which I think I want to finish it off that day, I just declined all their good intention.

Well, there are tons of reason I can give myself not to go back as although my performance at work shall drop but I was just finishing some works that required brains to finish it up. Besides that going back home early mean I have to face frightened sister and mother on the incident.

My heart really in pain and at the same time I don’t wish to think too much about it anymore. Hence, I just do whatever I can at work and as soon as I have done reach home and cried it out on my bed.

Sigh, I am already learnt to get over it now.

First, I kept lost my phone till now I think phone don’t mean as much as a communication tool for me. Second, my laptop keeps giving me a problem till I take very good care of my second laptop. Later, I keep loses all my data due to hard disk corrupted and whatsoever that make me having several backup. But now, when I didn’t backup my data cause my external hark disk give up on me, I lost my laptop.

What on earth is happening? Sigh... I am really exhausted. What’s next? I really like challenging life but this is really making me insane.

6 Comments:

At 10:24 PM, Blogger Firedancer said...

Grieving will not bring your notebook back. Instead, channel your energy into earning more $$$ and get yourself a new dv5000 series notebook! ;)

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger @my T@nG said...

thank you ! I think i have to work harder to get what i want. Anyway wanted to get a laptop that at least last 3 years :P i don't wish to be outdated by then :P

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger cchiuyi said...

this is what happens when technology is ubiquitous, and when technology fails.

why don't you backup your stuff online ? available anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger @my T@nG said...

Well, it's funny that we always say we will try to backup as frequent as possible but there always other more important task await.

Hence, we had forgotten to perform this task. I guess the last time I did my backup was February 2006 which right after I got my hard disk from the shop. (No idea, sometime pc dun detect it :( )

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Firedancer said...

Let's get an external HDD together :)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger @my T@nG said...

I feel really disappointed as i am the one that lost laptop that have everything i need which can last for another 1 or 2 years and of couse all my valuable data etc etc.

However, really dissapointed when my mum bought my sister new laptop HP dv1000 series with pavilion webcam , centrino duo, alter lansing .. WTF !!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home