Saturday, June 09, 2007

Who am i ? Who she is ?

The other day had an appointment with my best friend that I knew since primary school; get to know each other during secondary and even closer when in college. It is making me thinking a lot.
Days passed and each of us went into our own direction. Time we spent to see each other is getting lesser and lesser especially when your friend found their partner.


Whenever I got a call from her, I will immediately say “Yes” no matter how busy I am or what her request. Not knowing why but definitely I missed her – sweet smile, friendly and warm welcome smile whenever see her, and cheerful and strong spirit that seemed like pushing you work harder.

She will be there to wake me when I am lost in my dream. She will be there to fight for my rights whenever I was bullied. She is there when tears falling from my eyes. From her mouth, I can only hear the good things about me.

The other day, we almost quarrelled. I almost scolded her due to a small issue. Almost can’t believe that she make a sudden change 30 minutes before lunch and only tell me when I almost leave my office to meet them and fetch them for lunch. I had planned all the items such as time to leave, where to fetch them, which road to take to minimize time etc... But out of sudden she told me the plan changed. And she told me to get to the location myself which I will pass by her working place. Out of disbelief I raised my concern to her and my disappointment with the plan. But, she argued back with her rationale.

I am truly disappointed that time because i made all my considerations / planning and she just changed in few minutes. And asking me to get to the location alone and she commented as usual. But, she should understand that lunch and dinner is different because if dinner means that i required getting my car back home and not leaving it at office especially the place she suggested is neared to my home than office.
Then, she called and she with her sweet voice, she asked if i know the place, if i wanted her to follow me, etc... and she asked, am i crying? Remarkable that i know tears is filling up my eyes and she can hear it from the phone.

On the other hand, I don’t really want others to know and I don't want to break my friendship just a small issue, I forced myself to go to the meeting location as mentioned. Random thoughts running through my mind every second till i reach the location. My eyes filled with tears as recalling the sentences that her working colleagues said such as you don’t know her, she is naughty, she has changed, you don’t know her at workspace, she is fierce, she is ... and the list goes on.

Is it true that i don’t know her anymore? I don’t even know what she likes to eat. I don’t even know what she is doing? And i seriously don’t think that her boyfriend know me either cause we meet no more than 10 times even though they together for like years. I don’t know who she is anymore.

Tears fall ... and when i reached the location, my heart felt warm because i saw her friends that i just know few days back was waiting for me at front door. And when i parked my car and walked there, she was there waiting for me. I forced my smile and greeted her and went in.

Who am i ? Who she is ? But in the end, i decided that "It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance". I shall talk to her when i have cooled down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home